Buying a sofa or suite is a large sum of money and an investment that is expected to last and remain in good condition. This can only be achieved if the upholstery remains clean and protects the material or leather. There is no doubt in the cleaning industry that using stain protection with an included service plan policy is the best way to limit stains and protect against dust.
In most families, sofa upholstery fabrics or leather face a lot of wear and tear, especially if there are children or pets around. To keep any furniture looking good and extending its life, it is important to keep it clean and well maintained.
Here are some tips to protect and clean your sofa upholstery
- Upholstery must be vacuumed regularly to remove dust and stones that can cause contamination and fiber damage.
- Rotate the cushions from time to time to ensure that the cushions, fillings, and fabrics are even.
- Be careful when wearing clothes that may cause dye transfer, such as jeans and the like. Dye transfer on brightly colored furniture can be difficult to remove.
- Protect the furniture from the sun and strong natural light as this will cause the fibers to fade and the color to fade. Sometimes dyes can be lost from harmful substances in the atmosphere such as cigarette smoke, cooking smoke, and so on.
- Keep pets away from the Urine and body oils can weaken and even destroy the fibers.
- Stubborn stains must be carefully scraped and removed from the surface.
- Wipe up liquid stains with a clean white absorbent material.
- Work from the outer edge to the center of the stain.
- Avoid rubbing, excessive agitation, or excessive pressure to avoid damaging the fabric fibers.
Leading retailers recommend cleaning upholstery and furniture every 18 months. This will double the life of your furniture. The use of stain protection either when purchased or after professional cleaning also extends the life of the upholstery. In most cases, stain protection will include a service or replacement warranty, meaning that if stains do occur, there are procedures in place to remove them.
The benefits of stain protection are:
- Creates an invisible layer that won’t change the look or feel of your upholstery fabric or carpets.
- Most major retailers carry it.
- Protection plans come with a 5-year service plan and free stain removal.
- Can increase fiber life by up to 50% by reducing abrasive wear.
- It is environmentally friendly.
- New furniture can be given a full replacement warranty.
- Very profitable for 5 years.
Many customers who apply their Stain Protection Policy when they find a stain are happy to remove the stain themselves or have a professional cleaner called in. Successful stain removal depends on many factors, but there is no doubt that the chances of success are greatly increased when stain protection is used. If you want to protect and extend the life of your upholstery, Stain Protection for sofa upholstery will do it.