What is hookah: Hookah is an instrument that contains a flavored tobacco mixture, often molasses-based. Hookah smoking is a form of water pipe that has been used since the 16th century. Hookah smoking is regarded as a social activity that is enjoyed with friends and relatives. It packages tobacco, molasses, and herbal flavors in one snuff bottle. Hookahs are water pipes that let users inhale flavored smoke, which is sometimes called a hookah ‘buzz’, a “hookalicious” experience, or just ‘hookah’. The tobacco in hookahs is flavored with things like sweeteners and fruit flavors to make it taste better. These flavored tobaccos are smoked using coal or wood so they produce smoke. When the smoke is inhaled, it comes into direct contact with the lung tissue.
Let’s discuss hookah, shall we? Hookah is a tobacco product that is smoked through a hookah attached to a water pipe. Traditionally hookah originated in India. Many people, however, view hookah as a cultural phenomenon. It has recently become popular in the United States, especially among college students. Hookah contains nicotine and other harmful substances that can lead to dependence and heart attacks, lung cancer, and other health problems.
Hookah, also known as shisha, narghile, or Kalyan, is a single or multi-stemmed instrument for vaporizing and smoking flavored tobacco called shisha in which the vapor or smoke is passed through a water basin—often glass-based—before inhalation. While hookah has been around for several centuries, it has only recently spread to the west. Hookah use can lead to the same health risks as cigarette smoking.
If you love hookah then it is a fact that you must know the health risk of hookah. According to studies, many substances are present in hookah like nicotine, carbon monoxide, tar, heavy metals, etc. all these substances are harmful to the human body.
- Increase heart rate and blood pressure: Hookah smoking is linked to higher blood pressure and heart rate. Hookah smoking has a relaxed and carefree image, but hookah smoke might raise your heart rate and blood pressure just as typical cigarettes would. Smoking hookah for a long time increases the heart rate and blood pressure. Your heart might be exposed to dangerous side effects.
- Make you addicted to consuming these drugs: addiction to consuming hookah is very harmful to your health. It’s hazardous to your body system. Shisha contains nicotine which can stay in your system and affect your life in a very bad manner. So try to stay away from it. Try to stay away from the addiction of consuming hookah. Consuming Hookah is considered an addictive activity. Usually, one gets addicted to smoking more than 40 cigarettes in a day. Smoking hookah is unhealthy and is addictive if you do it. Hookah is not something good for health. It’s addictive to start with and awful for your health.
- Bad effect on lungs: Listen up, smokers! If you enjoy smoking hookah, then you probably already know that it’s bad for your health. But did you know that hookah smoking can damage our lungs? It’s true! A smoke session of just one hour can reduce our lung function by about twenty percent. And the chemicals in the pulling and base of the hookah are really bad for us. We can feel ill when we smoke hookah because of these chemicals.
- Increase the Heart failure risk: We should not smoke hookahs. Hookah smoking is bad for the heart, lungs, and overall health. Hookah tobacco contains nicotine and other harmful chemicals that can cause a variety of health problems. The smoke produced by hookah smoking contains many of the same chemicals found in cigarette smoke, but in higher concentrations that may be harmful to the heart. If you think hookah smoking is less harmful than cigarette smoking, you’re wrong. Hookah smoke has many ingredients that can damage your heart. Many people believe hookah smoking is less harmful than cigarette smoking. While this theory makes it popular among the youth and even adults, hookah smoking is not as harmless as people think.
- Bad effect on liver and kidneys: Hookah smoking is bad for our liver and kidneys. Being around others who are smoking hookah can damage our liver and kidneys too. It can soil our blood vessels, hurt our lungs, and damage our bladder. People who smoke hookah very often suffer from complications in the liver and kidneys. Hookah pipes are known to have the filthiest tobacco smoke because the hot charcoal from these pipes may cause exposing the tobacco being inside of them to high temperatures and thus increasing the risk of cancer among hookah smokers.